Easy to fly and simple to operate, the X8-M can take off and land even in the tightest areas, which makes the vehicle compatible with just about any type of terrain. And because the X8-M can fly at low altitudes and at slow speeds, it can capture images with a level of detail and precision that’s impossible to acquire with manned flights or satellite imagery.
The X8-M package includes a Canon S100 high-resolution 12 MP camera and the powerful image processing tool, Pix4Dmapper Mosaic 3DR Edition, to create highly accurate, georeferenced and orthorectified mosaics. Pix4Dmapper Mosaic 3DR Edition works specifically with the X8-M imaging system only. The X8-M ships in a custom-designed hard-top travel case to keep all the components of the mapping system protected and easily accessible, ensuring that you\'re always ready to map. X8-M stitches images only from the camera included with your 3DR mapping aircraft, including the Canon SX260 and S100. It is not compatible with GoPro cameras or other camera types not included with the 3DR Aero-M and X8-M.
- Pixhawk autopilot system
- Canon S100 with custom 3DR EAI software and fixed mount
- Spektrum DX7s radio control
- Ground station radios in 433 or 915 MHz
- Two flight batteries
- Spare parts kits
- Travel case
- Pix4Dmapper Mosaic 3DR Edition (Windows only)
- Pixhawk autopilot system
- Motors: SunnySky V2216-12 800 kV II (The images above show conical nuts; X8-M ships with hex nuts.)
- Propellers: APC 11X4.7 SFP (4), APC 11X4.7 SF (4)
- Flight battery: 4S 10000 mAh 10C lithium polymer
- Aircraft weight (with battery): 7.7 lbs (3.5 kg)
- Aircraft dimensions: 13.7 in x 20.1 in x 11.8 in (35 cm x 51 cm x 30 cm)
- Case dimensions: 60.7 in x 14.5 in x 15.5 in (154 cm x 37 cm x 39 cm)
- Payload capacity: .4 lbs (200 g)
- Radio range: .6 miles* (1 km)
- Flight time: 14 min*
- Maximum operational wind speed: 25 mph (11 m/s)
- Area coverage: 25 acres* (0.1 km2)
- Ground sampling distance: .7 inches per pixel (2 cm per pixel)*
- Orthomosaic accuracy: 3-16 ft (1-5 m)
*Specs reflect estimated values at ideal operating conditions. Environmental conditions can affect flight time, range, area coverage, and ground resolution.
Choose from the options below to customize your X8-M:
Extra batteries: The X8-M includes two flight batteries. Select this option and specify the number of additional batteries to receive with your X8-M for even more maps!
Ground station frequency: Ground station radios allow you to communicate with your aircraft wirelessly, providing unparalleled ease of use for viewing real-time flight data. Select the appropriate radio frequency for your country.
Upgrade to Pix4Dmapper Pro 3DR Edition: The X8-M includes Pix4Dmapper Mosaic 3DR Edition: a powerful tool for creating two-dimensional maps. To access the complete 3D functionality of Pix4Dmapper, including exporting DSM and terrain models, orthomosaic editing and the index calculator, select this option to upgrade to Pix4Dmapper Pro 3DR Edition!
OSD/FPV system: Select the on-screen-display/first-person-view system to stream live video with superimposed live telemetry data. This kit comes fully configured and includes a Sony HAD 520 line camera, MinimOSD on-screen-display module, 5.8 Ghz video transmitter and receiver pair, and two 900 mAh LiPo batteries. Note: This system does not include a device for viewing video. Please purchase a monitor or other device to view the video from the OSD/FPV system. Cloverleaf antennas (pictured) not included.
Pix4D system requirements:
Minimum requirements: Windows 64bit / Vista, 7, 8, Server / 2-Core CPU / 4GB RAM
Recommended: 6-Core GPU i7 or Xeon / 32GB RAM (or more depending on dataset size)